Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ziro Controversy


There's nothing like a possibly gay Hutt to stir up some controversy.

The Hutt that I'm speaking of is not the infamous Jabba, but his uncle Ziro, who is the main bad guy in the new Clone Wars movie.

While Ziro does act and speak pretty "gay" (whatever that means), I find it hard to be offended by a fictional, computer generated alien. Call me old fashioned, but I'm more offended by closeted politicians who tirelessly work against gay rights or news anchors we all know are gay buy never speak about it.

If anything I was happy to see Ziro parading around in all his homo-glory. It shows that gays will not only still exist in the future, but will also be running giant crime syndicates, which is pretty awesome.*

*Yes, I know the story really took place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, but c'mon give me a break.

No comments: