Wednesday, June 02, 2004

The part of stand up that anyone other that a comic cannot, or should not ever understand is how the highs and lows of it happen on a nightly basis. This past Friday I had 3 uninspired, very average sets. Then on Saturday I had 2 fully inspired, great sets. My mood followed the sets accordingly. That's something I'm working on, not letting the lows be too low, or the highs be too high. Fortunately there are many more highs, but it's something I'm working on either way.

And now some humor...

John Kerry announced yesterday that he is "very concerned" about a nuclear bomb going off somewhere in the United States. I don't know about a nuclear bomb, but I'm "very concerned" that John Kerry and George Bush are our only choices for President.

Pistons v. Lakers in the NBA Finals. I feel like it's 1989 all over again. Let's see, where was in in 1989? I was 13. Just got Sega Genesis. Spent a lot of time in my room with the door closed. A fine year, I say, a fine year.

I lost my one good pair of shorts. I don't know how I lost them seeing as I only take them off in my room. I wish I took them off other places, but I don't.

I'm still looking for a producer for my one-man show. I've actually have had two offers from people who read the Daily Dave, but one of them wanted to meet in a dark alley to discuss and the other wanted to know what size bra I wear.

32C, just for the record.

My fish tank has been completely decimated by that bastard craw-fish I put in there. He systematically nipped off all the goldfish, one catfish and a pleco. I tried to remove him myself but he snipped his claws at me and then spelled out, "Don't mess with me funnyboy" in the gravel.

My mom keeps telling me to be more like Billy Crystal and less like Lenny Bruce. Only problem is I just don't care about the pre-1985 Yankees that much.



No comments: