Monday, August 09, 2004

Great shows at Comedy Company all this past week, especially the weekend. Sometimes I think we'll really look back on these as the good old days so I gotta somehow appreciate them more. But then I think, you know what, when I have the mansion and the pool and the PS2 in my Hummer, those days will be pretty good too.

Sportscenter is going "Old School" this week and bringing back anchors from years past. I'd say my two favorite anchors would be Craig Kilborne and Charlie Steiner. I think Kilbourne was the one who really added comedy to the show, and Steiner would just burst into uncontrollable laughter while on-air which was always great to see. Imagine if Tom Brokaw ever did that, that would make news actually worth watching.

Spent yesterday with my family and got into a big debate over whether lesbians should be allowed to get married. Then the debate became about the differences between midgets and dwarfs. It ended with everyone agreeing that lesbian midgets should not be allowed to marry.

So the Dream Team is still struggling in these pre-Olympic warm-up games. I wish there was some way we could take that original Dream Team and have them play these guys. I think the orginals would win every game by about 20 points.

Speaking of the original Dream Team, I am thinking of going to the Basketball Hall of Fame the weekend of Septemeber 10th, to see my childhood hero, Clyde Drexler, inducted to the hall. I can't get anyone to come with me though. You wanna come?

Alan Keyes is now running for Sentor in Illinois. This guy is like the black Ralph Nader, he just doesn't know when to throw in the towel.

And no that note I'm going to buy a new towel. Really. I need a new towel. There was no implication in that. I just would like a new fluffy shower towel. That's it. Really.




No comments: