Thursday, July 01, 2010

Faux Preg


Pictured here are Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan and former Saturday Night Live actress, Rachel Dratch. (Kagan on the left, for those of you who are confused.)

I show these two side-by-side for two reasons. First, as many people have been saying, Dratch must play Kagan on SNL. After watching some of the hearings I actually sometimes think I'm watching an SNL skit. Not that having Al Franken around hurts that.

Secondly, last night Ben and I were at the red carpet premiere of "The Kids Are All Right", starring Annette Bening Julianne Moore. Dratch walked the red carpet with a very pregnant Amy Poehler. Though the two weren't really answering questions I was able to snag Dratch for a second and commented on how they were both pregnant. She kinda muttered something and then Poehler quickly dragged her away. After the odd interaction I checked Google to confirm that she is pregnant and couldn't find any such information.

So, basically I either broke the story (I'm nothing if not a crack journalist), or I just told a women she looks pregnant, when, in fact, she is not.

Hmm, unless she was smuggling a bowling ball into the premiere. She is a comic after all, and it's always good to have an emergency prop...

4 comments:

Barry said...

Smooth, Dave, real smooth. It must be that silver tongue that made you so successful with the ladies before you came over to the darkside with us gays! ;)

Hal said...

It's true, Dave. Women who might not be pregnant generally don't like being told that they appear to have a bun in the oven, even if the comment is meant to be positive. ("Congratulations!") Women are funny that way.

Barry said...

Oh, Dave, now that it appears you were correct, we (I include Hal in this) apologize for simply assuming you were wrong. . .silver-tongued and charming as always. . .but wrong. Now that you are officially a clairvoyant, however, what lottery numbers should I play this weekend so I can get out of this one-horse town?? ;)

Steve in Ca said...

"Last night, Ben and I were attending the red carpet premier of [insert names dropped here]...". Well OOH LA LA, Dave! You travel in heady circles, and I hope you managed to quaff some champers and caviar on toast points before getting bounced for embarrassing a beloved comedienne! Just kidding, but cmon, you just turned 34, you know you can never EVER assume a woman is pregnant, unless she is crowning!