Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Blast from the Paula Poundstone Past

Six Pack #47 just went live on iTunes, featuring our guest Paula Poundstone. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned Paula in all my years of Rubinville, but she was one of my first comic influences from back in the day. I remember seeing this HBO special when I was probably 12 or 13 and being blown away how she was seemingly unscripted and did so much crowd work. I'm not sure there's been an HBO special like it ever since. This is just the first part of it, but you can click the right column on YouTube to check out the rest.

Now prepare to get warped back into the late 1980's...



You can listen to the episode over at BenDave.com or download directly on iTunes.

2 comments:

Barry said...

OK, Dave, I whipped my hair into a "Flock of Seagulls" do and journeyed back in time. Paula's just as funny now as she was then. She's not Rubin Funny. . .but she's funny! ;)

Hal said...

Nice to have Paula back after all that unpleasantness from about 10 years ago.