Monday, June 07, 2010

Boo!


I'm sorry about putting such a jarring picture up on a Monday afternoon, but it has just been announced that Helen Thomas will "retire" from Hearst Newspapers. I guess occasionally in this upside down word of ours, goodness does win out.

It's not all bad news for Helen though, as I earlier reported her new role in an upcoming Mel Gibson movie, and now I am hearing Hamas is naming a new rocket after her.

And, of course, she can always go work for the state-run Iranian media...

1 comment:

Barry said...

There's just no polite way to say this. . Helen does not photograph well, does she? It's great news, though, that she's "retiring." I guess having worked since about the time of the Crimean War she's entitled. Now, if someone would just tell me what the fuck Elton John was doing entertaining at Rush Limbaugh's wedding today will be complete.