Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Long Time Ago, in Mississippi

In a story that seems too-perfect even for Rubinville, the students of the University of Mississippi have voted for Admiral Ackbar to be their new on-field mascot. For those of you unfamiliar with the Admiral (and shame on you), he was the Supreme Commander of the Rebel Alliance Fleet, most famously during the second attack on the Death Star.

While he had an impressive military career, his most tenuous moment came here, during a very precarious moment for the Rebels....



Seeing as the Rebels ending up winning that battle it seems to be that Admiral Ackbar would be the perfect mascot.

Oh, if only I could go back to college...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

But I thought you went to Binghamton? They might be nerds but I doubt they'd select a Star Wars character as a mascot.

Unknown said...

I did go to Binghamton. But there are nerds EVERYWHERE.

Barry said...

I know that this is written in English. . .I just can't understand a word of it!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry barry, I was feelin bad for ya as writing it...

Barry said...

Thanks for thinking of me, Dave. Now if we could only solve your big hole problem it would be a perfect day! ;)

Anonymous said...

I go to this school, and it is only a rumor and a joke. We have not selected a new mascot yet

Hal said...

How terribly disappointing for you, Dave.