Friday, October 10, 2008

Saturday Night Republican


I'm pretty sure that if I've written anything about SNL over the 5-plus years of Rubinville, it has not been positive. What once was a great show, and hugely influential on me in the late 80's and early 90's, has been pretty crappy, to say the least, over the past few years.

However...

The show has had a major comeback in this election season. It is peaking right about now with all this Tina Fey/Sarah Palin stuff. The show has been funny and edgy again, and the impressions have been spot on.

I just read that Sarah Palin herself is going to be on the show in the coming weeks. It seems to me that she should be studying foreign policy and financial markets instead of doing a comedy show that is already doing it right. But, these days, doing a cameo on SNL is somehow more important than knowing anything about the office you are running for.

Where is John Belushi, Chris Farley and Phil Hartman when you need them?

Oh. Right.

Anyway, the point of all this is that if Palin ends up doing stand up on Letterman before me, it's going to be a real problem.

Ok, time to go for a run. I'll be back this afternoon...

No comments: