Monday, June 23, 2008

Goodbye, George


I just woke up to hear that comedy legend George Carlin has died of heart failure. Carlin was arguably the most prolific comedian the world has ever seen, and I doubt we'll ever see another comedian more dedicated to the art of stand-up. His stuff on religion, the 7 dirty words, and government was all brilliant and ground-breaking.

Most recently, I saw George on The View talking about his path in life and how the journey made him a better person. It was inspiring stuff and he confirmed many of the things that I think about all the time.

When I was an intern at The Daily Show back in 1999, George was a guest on the show, and I met him for a brief moment. There was a real humbleness in him that I have never forgot.

In honor of you George, here are the 7 dirty words centered and in boldface...

Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker and Tits

No comments: